Sunday 2 November 2014

Isaiah 12: I will trust and not be afraid

12:2   ‘Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my defence; he has become my salvation’


As we face a new day or a new challenge or a new trial we can go forward confidently trusting not in our own resources as much as in God’s never-failing help and strength. With joy we can draw water from the wells of inner salvation – those resources deep in the ground of our being planted by the good Lord. And what is the cause of our joy? It is this:
‘great is the Holy One of Israel among you.’

There is something greater than any one of us in our midst.  This is the flame, the cloud, the bright light that takes us forward and shows us true freedom and joy.

#JourneyIsaiah



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.