Tuesday 9 December 2014

Isaiah chapter 49: I will not forget you

49:8 ‘..‘In the time of my favour I will answer you, and in the day of salvation I will help you; I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people.’’

At the right time and in the right place God will come to our assistance and answer our prayer. We may be lost on our way but God will see to it that we find our step. To those of us in darkness he will say: ‘Be free!’ (v. 9) because as Shepherd will have ‘compassion on them will guide them and lead them beside springs of water.’ We may be tempted to say: ‘The Lord has forsaken me, the Lord has forgotten me.’ (v. 14). But, in reply, the Lord will say:  ‘Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you!’ (v. 15).

                                                       Pic: http://kmberggren.com


#JourneyIsaiah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.