Friday 1 September 2023

Gospel of Life: The Descent of the Holy Spirit



Scripture reading:

“For God did not give us a spirit of cowardice, but rather a spirit of power and of love and of self-discipline.” (2 Timothy 1:7)

A Reflection:

At times we may be fearful of what others think. To step out of line with the silent consensus whether on abortion or other issues of vital human concern requires courage and steadfastness.  Why me? Why now?  Why can’t others do it and better than me?  We can find 100 ‘good’ reasons not to act or show leadership. We can only find one reason to act, viz., one precious life somewhere will depend on my response at some point in my life. I do not know how and where but I know that some life depends on me and another life depends on you.

A Prayer:

Come Holy Spirit, release us from the bonds of timidity and discouragement. Move us to speak and to act as you direct us on all occasions and in all circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.