Wednesday 9 May 2018

Prayer in support of life (week-2)

Introduction

It is two weeks away.
Where two or three are gathered in your name you are present, Lord Jesus Christ. Be present, Lord, be present now in this place and at this time.
This evening, we gather together in your name to pray for life in Ireland at this time. We remember and offer this prayer for our sisters and brothers working to save the 8th Amendment referendum. We also remember and offer our prayers for those sisters and brothers who find themselves, in conscience, unable to support these efforts.
Come Holy Spirit and give us courage, patience, perseverance, wisdom, tact and, above all, true compassion.

Psalm

Defend me, O God, and plead my cause against a godless nation. From deceitful and cunning men rescue me, O God.
Since you, O God, are my stronghold, why have you rejected me? Why do I go mourning oppressed by the foe?
O send forth your light and your truth; let these be my guide. Let them bring me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell.
And I will come to the altar of God, the God of my joy. My redeemer, I will thank you on the harp, O God, my God.
Why are you cast down my soul, why groan within me? Hope in God; I will praise him still, my saviour and my God.

Glory be to the Father…..

Scripture Reading

Do not fear, for I am with you, do not be afraid, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.

Intercessions

For justice in society….
For the homeless…
For those cast aside, marginalised or judged by society….
For children facing poverty and social exclusion….
For women abandoned by society and by their partners ….
For those hurt by abortion…
For civic, church and political leaders….
For those unsure how to vote in the upcoming referendum
Our Father …..

Concluding Prayers


Look, we beseech thee, O Lord, upon the people of this land who are called after thy holy Name; and grant that they may ever walk worthy of their Christian profession. Grant unto us all that, laying aside our divisions, we may be united in heart and mind to bear the burdens which are laid upon us. Help us to respond to the call of our country according to our several powers; put far from us selfish indifference to the needs of others; and give us grace to fulfil our daily duties with sober diligence. Keep us from all uncharitableness in word or deed; and enable us by patient continuance in well-doing to glorify thy Name; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. (from the Book of Common Prayer).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.