Sunday 28 September 2014

I believe in angels

 ‘…I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven’ (Matthew 18:10)

Matthew 18:10-14 (Year A: St Michael the Archangel)

 I believe in angels – the human kind that does not have wings but  has kind voices, kind eyes, kind hearts, who appear out of the blue and disappear, who provide the right word at the right time and no more, who are present in the heat of battle and in the darkest hours. These types of angels are one in a thousand – may be one in 10,000. But they exist. I have met them on my journey. And who knows may be they signal the presence of other invisible spirits whom we call angels?


And we are called to be like messengers (angels) on the path of life to others – bringing healing of God (Rapha-el) and strength of God (Gabri-el) in moments of trial and great difficulty for others. In this way we are like the compassionate God (Micha-el).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.